Monday, April 12, 2010

Toddler Talk: Apologize and Serenity's New Song

Spent the morning hard at work cleaning house. I was in the girls' room gathering laundry, when Serenity walks into the room...

"Mom, I need to apologize."

Stunned to hear such a word I ask. "Apologize? That's an awfully BIG word for such a little girl! Do you even know what that means?"

"Yep!"

"Okay then, What does it mean?"

She looks down at the ground and answers... "It means... I opened a banana and squished it on the floor." LOL


Uh... Apology accepted! :)


SERENITY'S NEW SONG:

Serenity loves to sing. She always trying to find new songs to master. Sometimes she amazes me and memorizes them verbatim. Other times... well... she misses the lyrics just a tad.

The other day, she ran to me all excited about a new song she just heard....

"Mommy... Mommy... I know a new song!"

"That's great Honey... Let's hear it."

She begins to sing...
"Underwear ridge is falling down... falling down... falling down! Underwear ridge is falling down... Poor... Little... Lady!"

Trying very hard not to laugh, I applaud her...
"Yay Reni, that song is beautiful!"

With a grin of satisfaction she asks...
"Have YOU ever heard that song before, Mommy?"

"Uh...No Serenity... I can honestly say I have NEVER heard THAT particular song before." :)


0 comments: