Monday, March 8, 2010

Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice

"Girls are sugar and spice and everything nice."
Serenity is part sugar. She has an amazingly sweet side to her. Yesterday morning, she awakened me with such a sweet sediment...
"Yay, It's morning! The sun is waking up and now we can go to church."
Now...If you didn't grin at "the sun is waking up" part. Then you just don't know sweet and the fact that she is just SOOO excited about going to church... well... that just takes the cake! Yes...my heart just melts when she tells me...
"Mom your my bestest friend and the most beautiful Mommy ever."

And If you've ever heard her sing, "Jesus loves me" or "You are my sunshine" then chances are, you know that melted heart feeling as well. Yes... She has a sweet side. Serenity is definitely part sugar!

Now just as sure as I am that she is part sugar. I'm even more certain that she has a much larger part which is Spice. A recent example would be last night. She was taking a shower with her sisters and half way through decided she had enough. So she jumped out stark naked and took off running through the house. Noah yelled at her to get some clothes on and in turn unintentionally invited her into his space. She immediately ran and jumped onto his bed. From the other room, I heard him yell...
"Gross Serenity... get off my bed before you pee on it!"
Now I know my daughter! I know that she is very ornery and smart enough on her own. So if YOU are as smart as she is, than you will NOT give her any extra ideas.... or else! :) A few seconds later, I heard Noah again....
"Ahh... NASTY! MOM!!!!! Reni just peed all over my bed!"
On my way into the room, I heard Serenity's spicy little attitude reply....
"Oh WAAA.... What are you going to do about it, little BABY?"
I entered the room and spotted her from behind. She had her bare bottom stuck out, head shaking left to right and finger pointed. She was sporting the entire.."oh no you didn't" look. Then unknowingly with me behind her, she mouthed off again...
"Oh WAAA WAAA.. little baby boy gotta tell your Mommy about it."

Oh.. Mommy heard loud and clear alright! :) Now you do remember that she is only three years old right? UNBELIEVABLE! Of course she was punished for her terrible behavior, but I have to admit, not without a few muffled giggles from me.

Serenity may be part sugar, but one thing is certain. There isn't a pepper in the world that can hold a candle to her spice! Then just when you think you can't take the heat... "the sun is waking up." and there's that sweetness again. :)


1 comments:

Kara Grace said...

DANG Noah!! Haha!! This was a funny post; made me chuckle. I can imagine it is never boring in the Burk household.