Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Chasing Here... Chasing There... Chasing Everywhere!

Chasing toddlers Here...
Chasing toddlers There...
Chasing toddlers EVERYWHERE!

In the house...
at the park...
in the grocery store!
Chasing toddlers... til I can't chase any MORE!


As if two toddlers weren't enough to keep me running. Now we've added a very eager girl beagle to keep me moving. Yes folks... Lemar has a girlfriend. Her name is Cleo. She's not our dog. We're just watching her for a little awhile, but she just keeps me running just the same. Apparently, she is an INDOOR dog, because she HATES being outside. Every time the door opens... IN she goes! She sits on the top step all day long, just watching the door. The kids go out... Cleo comes in.

I chase the toddlers... I chase Cleo... I chase the toddlers as they chase Cleo... under the bed... into the kitchen... out of the trash can.... away from the toilet... out the door and into the backyard... AGAIN and AGAIN! All day long... over and over. After awhile, the toddlers stop chasing Cleo. They stop... so they can watch ME run. Oh how funny Mommy looks while she chases the beagle all over the house.. slipping, sliding and falling all over the place as the dog scurries along. Finally I've had enough and I set my foot down! "No one goes outside again today. Don't even THINK about opening that door!" The older kids all nod their heads in agreement. They know Mommy means business! A couple of hours go by and all is well. Then later, I walk into the kitchen and spot Serenity standing by the back door. She's turned toward me with her hand perched on the door handle. It's as if, she's just waiting for me to spot her. "Serenity... don't you even THINK about it! Get away from that..." Before I can even finish my sentence, she lets out a giggle and quickly opens the door. Like Lightening.. Cleo flashes through the house. OH GREAT! HERE WE GO AGAIN! Once again, I start chasing the beagle and a giddy Serenity sits back and watches the show.

Did I ever tell you I have one VERY ORNERY little miracle baby? :)


0 comments: