Monday, December 14, 2009

Does Prayer really work?

ABSOLUTELY!! No matter how many times I witness the power of prayer... it never ceases to amaze me. Our God is so very AWESOME! Nothing is impossible for Him! Last night served as another reminder of just how powerful prayer really is!!


Recently Serenity came down with a cold. She soon developed asthma like symptoms due to this cold. I have been giving her breathing treatments every few hours to help with these symptoms. Well... I had just finished giving her one and for the first time... it did NOT help at all. As a matter of fact, she continued to get worse. I knew that I needed to wait at least a couple of hours before giving her another one, but her wheezing was growing louder and louder. It was so bad that you could hear her breathing clear across the room. I really started to worry. So what do I do when I worry? I pray of course. I snuggled up beside her in bed and laid my hands on her chest. I began to offer praises to our Lord and welcomed the Holy Spirit into the situation. Then I started speaking life and health into her body. I prayed that God would open up those airways so she could breathe freely. Well.. about 15 minutes into my prayers, I felt like God was leading me to blow on her. May sound strange.. but I was obedient to my instinct and I very lightly blew on her face. Then I said... "Not my breath Lord but your breath" and I blew again. Serenity.. immediately.. no joke... IMMEDIATELY... took one quick very deep breath and then... silence. The wheezing just stopped. I felt her chest and her breathes were now coming regular and without strain. She slept peacefully through the entire night with NO wheezing! She woke up this morning with NO wheezing. I have not had to give her another breathing treatment since. Now tell me...

How AWESOME IS OUR GOD?!?! :)



1 comments:

Kelli said...

God is working in our midst, always! Amen!!! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, and many many blessings to you in 2010!

Kelli