Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Would you take the place of this man?

While driving home earlier this week, a Jeremy Camp song came on the radio. I have heard the song a million times over, but for some reason the message suddenly hit me harder than usual. The question arose within my spirit... "Would you take the place of this man? Would you take the nails from His hands?" My first reaction was.... "Of course Lord... I would die for you. I Love you!" I mean it's easy to blurt out those words. It's easy to say I would gladly take His place. My life does not demand such a sacrifice. But then... I really searched my heart.... If the situation arose... If I REALLY had to make the choice... Would I die for my Lord? That's a hard question.


Oh we think we really know what love is. We think we have it all figured out. But truth is we don't even have a clue. The word says... "Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends." John 15:13 Friends? Christ laid down His life for a world that despised Him. A world that rejected Him. A world that hated Him. He laid down His life for a species of humans not worthy of the dirt that formed them. Christ Loved the unlovable. He was tortured and beaten for a people who spit upon Him. He gave His life so that we might live. Yet most will not even take advantage of His great sacrifice. For most of us... His beating was taken in vain. For most of us NEVER receive it's benefits. Christ died for the ungrateful unbeliever. He didn't have to die. He was GOD! He could have spoke one word to stop the crucifixion. He could have called upon all the angels in heaven to save him. Yet, he even refused to drink the pain numbing solution he was offered. He wanted to feel it all. He wanted to feel all the pain so that we wouldn't have to feel any. He wanted to die for a lowly world. Christ suffered... FOR LOVE!


Earlier I was talking with Serenity and Eli. They have heard Bible stories in Sunday School. They have heard me talking with their older siblings. They know the basic story line of the birth, life, crucifixion and most importantly they know that Jesus is no longer dead, but ALIVE. Yet, their little minds can not even fathom the sacrifice Jesus made for them. They do not understand WHY Jesus had to die. Eli... in his loving concerned voice stated.. "Mama, I don't want Jesus to die. I Love Him!" Serenity's world was rocked when she heard the conversation. "Mama, why those people hurt Jesus? Why he falled on that cross. He's my friend." I long for their innocence. I hunger for their devotion. Their pure little hearts Love without condition. Any wonder why Jesus was so fond of the little children... they are the purest example of a Godly heart. They are the closest we will ever come to experiencing the Love of Christ.


I Long for that kind of loyalty. I long for the moment when I would know without hesitation... Just as I know I would trade my life for my children.... I would trade places with my Lord. Daily I will strive for that kind of devotion. I will make every effort for a closer deeper relationship with my Savior. I will search my heart until I am no longer haunted by these questions... Am I REALLY devoted enough to my Savior that I would die for Him? Do I LOVE Him enough to have taken His place on that cross? Daily I will strive until I, myself, KNOW and FEEL the Love of Christ. Because there is coming a day when we may have to face these questions for REAL. What will our decision be?


Take a few minutes and watch the following video. Then ask yourself.... "Would you take the place of this man? Would you take the nails from His hands?


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBAhvI0TRDs


Love in Christ,

0 comments: