Friday, September 25, 2009

A New Boldness in Love!

“You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men. You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in Heaven" Matthew 5:13-16.

I have been thinking a lot about the power of witnessing. My mind and my heart have been drawn to a lost and dying world. My heart aches for those who are blinded my the lies of the enemy... Those who believe they can continue to live in darkness and still make it home. My spirit cries out for the Christians who have become complacent. Christians who look for excuses for their sin instead of falling upon their faces in repentance and the Christians who are so luke warm they don't even realize they are sinning. God's word tells us the fate of all these people. (Romans 6:23), (Revelation 3:16)

The more I watch the news.... the more I see biblical revelations coming to pass. The end times are not just near... THEY ARE HERE! An urgency rises up in my soul and I must DO something! There are those who I love that I KNOW are lost! Time is running out! Is letting my light shine enough? Is is enough for them to just see MY life? No! I MUST speak up!

"And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature"
Mark 16:15.

Every person we come into contact with is an opportunity. If we truly believe God directs our steps... then EVERY moment has a purpose! Every person is in our lives FOR A REASON! Sometimes they are there to witness or bless us.. Sometimes we are there to bless them. Sometimes we bless each other. Nothing is by chance. God is all knowing and all powerful. He has carefully designed the paths of our lives. So over the course of this life... how many opportunities have we missed?

I hunger for a new boldness! I thirst for a Spiritual awakening. I fall at the feet of Christ and BEG for forgiveness. I have set quiet long enough. I have allowed those who I love to further slip away, while I have remained silent. I see Christians doing the same. I see many turning the other way while blatant sin continues. I see them patting the sinner on the back and saying.." It's okay.. God still Loves you."

What is LOVE? God is LOVE! (1 John 4:8) Does anyone remember Jesus turning his back on sin? Does anyone remember Him patting a sinner on the back and saying... "It's okay... God STILL Loves you!"? NO! Because God does TRULY Love us! That's why Jesus declared over and over and over and over again.... REPENT! He was more concerned with the sinner's eternal soul than His own acceptance. He never played games when it came to sin! He never mickey moused around about finding excuses for sin... Oh this person has had a hard life.. This person just doesn't know better... He simply declared... REPENT! REPENT!

What is TRUE LOVE? If you KNEW with all your heart.. someone you love would be hit by a bus the very moment they stepped out into the street and yet, you said nothing to warn them... Would THAT be Love? NO! Then how much more should we be concerned with someones eternal soul. How much harder should we try to save them from everlasting torture?

LOVE is doing everything in your power to protect that person. Love is doing what's right, even though it's hard. Love is being rejected and STILL declaring the Truth! We can no longer sit idly by and watch our loved ones slip further away. Not only is it NOT love, but the word says their blood will be on OUR hands. Now...we are NOT to judge the condition of someones heart by what they wear, how often they go to church, the strength of their faith etc. However, we are to call blatant, scripture defining sin as what it is... SIN! We are to bring the light of God's Word into EVERY dark situation. For if we fail to do so, the Word tells us... WE will be held accountable for their sins. How scary is that!

It's time for a new boldness. It's time for Christians to rise and take their place. It's time for us take a stand against wrong and boldly pursue what is RIGHT! Not in our own power but by the power of the Holy Spirit.. In God who gives us Grace!

"To me, who am less than the least of all the saints, this grace was given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ" Ephesians 3:8

Through the Grace given by God, It's time for us to demonstrate the power of TRUE Love!

"For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires ALL men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth." 1Timothy 2:3-4



Love in Christ,

0 comments: