Thursday, August 6, 2009

Nothing without my Savior

As I recall all the trials in my life, my heart praises my Lord! I can not express how grateful I am for His security. I do not fear death! I do not fear loneliness! I do not fear failure! I do not fear a broken heart! I do not fear loss! The only thing that truly frightens me... is the thought of facing all of these things WITHOUT my Savior!

I've witnessed the Victory of Jesus Christ and I've witnessed the horrible alternative without Him. I've witnessed God perform healing miracles and I've seen parents wheeling their children to hospice. I seen loving mothers praying over their sick and I seen frighten babies crying alone in their hospital beds. I've witnessed mothers standing strong and declaring victory when there seemed to be no earthly Hope and I've seen parents give up when faced with less serious circumstances. I've witnessed Hope and I've seen failure!

With every trial I've endured, I've had a supernatural peace that surrounded me... a supernatural strength that carried me, a supernatural boldness that pushed me forward, and nail scared hands that lifted me higher. I am not a strong person! I am not anything special! I am NOTHING without my Savior!

My heart aches for those without that security. I cry for those who suffer in vain. I'm at a loss for those who are broken without the knowledge of their hope. I cry for those who are falling apart with nothing to hold onto.

Even when I'm barely breathing, His love becomes my air. Even when my heart is broken...He keeps it beating! In every pain I endure, He brings forth healing!

With every trial I face... He's there giving me something to hold on to...

"We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; We are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed...." 2 Cor. 7: 8-9
Therefore:
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because the Lord your God goes with you. He will never leave you nor forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6."


As I recall all the trials in my life, my heart praises my Lord! I can not express how grateful I am for His security. I do not fear death! I do not fear loneliness! I do not fear failure! I do not fear a broken heart! I do not fear loss! The only thing that truly frightens me... is the thought of facing all of these things WITHOUT my Savior!


Love in Christ,

1 comments:

Stephanie RN BSN (to be!) said...

Great post, as usual! I just need to keep reminding myself this with everything going on with our financial situation...God will take care of us!