Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Looking Toward Victory!

Okay.. now that I've had a little time to vent, I feel much better. Everyone is being hit hard right now. Lately... it seems we've been attacked on all sides. God's people are definitely being tested. Does that mean we become discouraged? NO! Does that mean we accept defeat? Absolutely NOT! Whether our trial is big or small... whether or valley is deep or shallow... We always start climbing that mountain! WE always look toward Victory!! I am a child of the KING of KINGS and victory is already mine!! When the enemy tries to bring strife into my family... I take the authority Christ has given me and I stop him dead in his tracks! When the enemy tries to attack my finances... I stand on His promises.

"Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, That there may be food in My house, And try Me now in this, Says the LORD of hosts, If I will not open for you the windows of heaven And pour out for you such blessing That there will not be room enough to receive it. And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, So that he will not destroy the fruit of your ground, Nor shall the vine fail to bear fruit for you in the field, Says the LORD of hosts; And all nations will call you blessed, For you will be a delightful land,” Says the LORD of hosts." Malachi 3:10-12

When I'm obedient to His commandment to tithe, (even in...no..
especially in my lack) then I have His promise that He will rebuke the devourer on my behalf. I do my part... then I EXPECT Him to pour out blessings on me that I can not contain! God is ALWAYS faithful to His promises!

Over the past few months we have endured a little tightening in our belts, but we have never been without. God has remained faithful to supply our needs. Tommy was able to hold onto his job through two large lay offs (a miracle in itself) They DID cut out all overtime, which hurt our way of life. However, the company had also warned him of at least one 30 hour week per month. I stood firm on God's promises and prayed faithfully. For months, they chose only a handful of employees to work full time during these short weeks. Tommy was chosen every time! Each week he was able to work the full 40 hours! Praise God! Many similar companies sadly had to close their doors completely. However, the company Tom works for was founded on tithing. The owner gives God all the glory for it's success! They were down for awhile but not destroyed. While so many other companies are failing, This company recently hired back several more employees!! For the last couple of weeks, Tom has been able to work 10 hours overtime. (Praise God we're catching up) Then today, they announced everyone would be working 20 hours of overtime. God is Good! He is faithful!

You can put me on record as saying... There is a mighty blessing heading our way!! I know because... for one.. God has promised it! And two... the enemy has been desperately trying to discourage my family. Whenever the enemy attacks at full force, you can almost guarantee God has something BIG in the making! He sees it coming and he wants to stop God from moving. The only way he can do that is if he gets our eyes off the prize. Sometimes it doesn't take much to discourage God's people. Sometimes he has to hit us FULL FORCE! If you're being attacked from all sides, take it as a compliment that you're a strong warrior worthy of a mighty battle! No one said fighting the good fight of faith would be easy, they just said it would be victorious!

The enemy comes to kill, steal and destroy. (John 10:10) He walks around like a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour. (1 Peter 5:8) But.. whether or not he succeeds, is
always up to us! The enemy can and WILL attack but we can either let him have our blessing or we can be obedient to God and HOLD onto God's promises! We are to trust fully in our lord, knowing that God is allowing our trial as a teaching tool... using it to perfect His vessel. (James 1:2) Then EXPECT God to shower us with His love and blessing! We are always to EXPECT Victory in every situation we face, because we are promised VICTORY!

"But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord."
1 Corinthians 15:57-58


"For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world even our faith" 1 John 5:4

I will NOT be moved by circumstances around me! I will be praying and PROCLAIMING Victory! I continue to look toward the future in expectation of a mighty blessing... financial and spiritual!!


Love in Christ,

0 comments: