Saturday, May 16, 2009

Toddler Talk: Potty Break

The other day Serenity was being a big girl and went to the potty all by herself. From the other room I could hear her sing "Twinkle Twinkle little Star."
Well...her own version anyway. :)

Serenity: "Tinkle, Tinkle ittle star how i underwear you are. Up above da word so hi like a.... Flush.... in da sky! Yay I tinkle in da potty!

A few hours later, she is back. Only this time she has an audience.

Eli: Neni you go peed?

Reni: Yep

Eli: Are you all done?

Reni: Yep

Eli: K... I flush for you.

Reni: NO! I go peed! I flush

Eli: You don't know how. I flush for you.

Reni: I DO owe how. I FLUSH BY MYSELF ALL DA TIME!

Eli: K...Sor-ry! We flush together at da same time... K?

Reni:nods with approval K

They both place their hands on the handle

Eli: When I count to three flush it...K?

Reni: K

Eli: 4...5...6...7...

Mommy: Eli, what number are you counting to?

Eli: Three

Mommy: Well then you better start over.

Eli: nods his head K....4...5....6...7

Mommy: Uh...This may take ALL night!

Eli: ....8....9....

Mommy: Eli start with ONE.

Eli: OH! 1...4...5...6..7

Mommy: quickly 123

Eli: ...8...123

FLUSH

Together we walk out singing..."Tinkle, Tinkle ittle star how I underwear you are!"

0 comments: