Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My Big Catch...

Tommy spent the entire Memorial day weekend fishing! A friend allowed him use of their small private lake. He was ecstatic! On Sunday, he thought he would share some of that bliss with me. After many long minutes of persuasion, I finally gave in!

We loaded up the boat, dropped the kids off at my mom's and ended up here...

Several miles out, with only one road in, we were VERY secluded! After the first chirp of a lone cricket, I was ready to bust out into the chorus of "I think we're alone now!"

Oh... there's nothing like the sound of SILENCE!

Alone at last, we enjoyed the small quiet boat ride. As we strolled through the peaceful waters, The view was beautiful...

To top it all off, the fishing was incredible. I've never seen anything like it. We would drop the line into the water and immediately feel a tug. We were catching bass left and right with little to no effort.

Even little ole' prissy me soon became a lure expert! I was catching them like a pro. I was fearless... A master of the tackle.... Grabbing those slimy fish and yanking those hooks right out of their mouths. They took one look at me and KNEW they had met their match! I'm tellin' ya, Bill Dance had NOTHING on me! Yes... I was quite the fisherman! Ahhh! (Stares off into a daydream)

REALITY CHECK!

Okay...Okay... So I might be exaggerating just a tad. Maybe I had a little help....

Oh... all right I had a LOT of help!

But why should a damsel like me have to touch a nasty, slimy ole' fish when I have a goodlookin' backwoods boy like this...
Just begging to do all my dirty work?

Notice that cute little wink? Yeah....he LOVES me! :)



0 comments: