Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Getting to know us - Fact or Fiction

I realized that other than Serenity's story, the blogger world knows very little about our family. It's hard to know if a story is credible if you know very little about the teller. So I've decided to fill you in on a few facts...or are they fiction? Hmm...

Fact or Fiction? Tommy and I dated for several years before we were married?

Fiction: We dated for one year and were engaged for six months of that said year.

Fact or Fiction? Tommy was my first serious relationship?

Fact: Although I had a couple of puppy loves when I was younger, Tommy in many ways has always been my one and only! He takes great pride in that! :)

Fact or Fiction? Tommy and I are the same age?

Fiction: Although he refuses to admit it to anyone who doesn't know better...Tommy is actually six years my senior.

Fact or Fiction? I graduated college with a degree in Journalism?

Fiction: I was offered a small scholarship in Journalism. I had planned on taking a year off from school and picking things back up the next fall. However during that time, Tommy proposed and I decided to get married instead.

Fact or Fiction? Noah was born a mere 9 months after our wedding?

Fact: We secretly refer to him as the little souvenir we brought back from our honeymoon in the Bahamas. :)

Fact or Fiction? Tommy and I have always had a strong, nearly perfect marriage?

Fiction: We have been through the fire more than a few times. We've been separated on several occasions and even filed for (yet never pursued) divorce once. The only reason our marriage stands strong today, is because of the Grace of God! He mended hearts and gave us Love when I thought it was impossible. Today we have a closer relationship then we ever could have imagined! God has revealed the power of prayer many times throughout our marriage. It has been nothing short of a miracle. We have an amazing story that I'll have to share sometime in further detail. God is SO incredibly awesome!

Fact or Fiction? My parents have been married for 44 years?

Fact: 44 years this past February. Can you believe that? Wow!

Fact or Fiction? I was raised a Baptist?

Fiction: Although my mother was saved in a Baptist church and has always appreciated it's beliefs, Her faith walk led her in another direction. I was actually raised with Pentecostal roots. However, for many years we searched for a happy medium.... a good bible based church that Always brought forth the word and still left freedom for the spirit to move. Now we just consider ourselves Full Gospel and attend a non-denominational church.

Fact or Fiction? I was saved at a very young age!

Fact: I can not remember a time in my life when I did not have a relationship with God. I asked Jesus to come into my heart at a VERY early age and was baptized by the age of 8. Since then I have always strived for a deeper relationship. I have always had this incredible hunger for God! I have rededicated my life on a couple of occasions but have always tried to walk closely in my faith.

Fact or Fiction? When I was younger my favorite scripture was John 3:16?

Fiction: Although I do love John 3:16 and it was the first scripture I actually memorized, Mark 11:22-24 has always been my favorite. This was the first scripture I can remember that really made an impression on me. I believe God was preparing me for needing it in the future. As it was also the main scripture we stood on during our journey with Serenity.

Fact or Fiction? I have three brothers and one sister?

Fact: It's true that I only have two brothers and one sister on this earth with me now. However, I also have a brother waiting for me in glory land. My oldest brother was killed in a car accident in 1985, He was only 18 years of age. Although I was only six at the time, I still vividly remember him. He was a hero in my tiny little eyes. I still miss him tremendously!

Well that concludes fact or fiction for now!

I hope you enjoyed getting to know us because I would LOVE to get to know you!

Anything else you would like to know? Just Ask!

1 comments:

Tessa said...

i loved to messages that tommy left on michaels phone, i laughed the whole entire time!!!1