Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Draw me close to you

Lately my heart has been filled with praises! Songs of worship fill my mind and I can't seem to think about anything else. I just want to worship Him. I just want to draw closer to Him.

Draw me close to you
Never let me go
I lay it all down again
To hear you say that I'm your friend
You are my desire
No one else will do
Cause nothing else can take your place
To feel the warmth of your embrace
Help me find the way
Bring me back to you

You're all I want
You're all I've ever needed
You're all I want
Help me know you are near

I long for more of my Lord! I want to be closer than I have ever been before. The closer I get... the closer I want to become. My soul hungers for a deeper relationship. My heart yearns for a tighter embrace.

I am so in love with my Savior.

I often feel His presence so strong around me! I can do nothing except bask within His presence. I can not move. I lose my breath yet he breathes for me. I collapse to my knees and just cry out... More...More...More! I want more of His presence, more of His guidance, more of His wisdom. I want more of a relationship.... a closer walk. Each day I seem to only need Him more.

I need You more
More than yesterday
I need you more
More than words can say
I need you more
Than ever before
I need you Lord
I need you Lord

More than the air I breathe
More than the song I sing
More than the next heart beat
More than anything
And Lord as time goes by
I'll be by your side
Cause I never want to go back
To my old life

I need you more
More than yesterday
I need you more
More than words can say
I need you more
Than ever before
I need you Lord
I need you Lord

Right here in your presence
Is where I belong
Now my broken heart
Has finally found a home
And I'll never be alone

I need you Lord




I feel God drawer me closer to Him I feel Him preparing me for a work. I feel that time is quickly running out. I feel a joy, an anticipation and at the same time... a Desperation. I must not waste a moment here on earth. There is so much work to be done. I must focus my eyes on the task at hand. I must seize EVERY opportunity! Time is an essence that quickly dissolves. Every moment has a purpose. I must fulfill that purpose!

I feel God drawer me closer to Him. I feel Him pulling me near for His protection. He is my refuge. He is my safe haven. Out of His presence are the issues of life. As long as I keep myself cradled within His midst, saturating my family with His word, doing HIS will, I am safe. One step in the wrong direction, I find myself vulnerable. We are in the last days. We are in the last moments. I must not allow myself to become vulnerable, for if possible even the most elect will be deceived... even the most elect will fall away. (Matthew 24:23-26) I must not leave room for any evil possibility. I must remain close. I must remain within His presence!

He is so ALIVE! He is so close and yet I want Him closer! I feel Him drawing me closer to Him. Why me? I am no one! I am not worthy of His love. Yet I feel Him tugging at my heart. I hear Him whisper within my spirit...
Come closer to me my daughter, Come closer to me!

I feel His unconditional love and my soul continues to sing...

Draw me close to you
Never let me go
I lay it all down again
To hear you say that I'm your friend
You are my desire
No one else will do
Cause nothing else can take your place
To feel the warmth of your embrace
Help me find the way
Bring me back to you

You're all I want
You're all I've ever needed
You're all I want
Help me know you are near

Draw me close to you Lord!
For you're all I want!
You're all I've ever needed!

I need you more
More than the air I breathe
I need you more
More than the next heart beat
I need YOU Lord
More... More.... More of YOU!


"Oh God thou art my God, early I will seek thee; my soul thirsts for you... my flesh longs for you.... To see your power and your glory...as I have seen you before."
Psalm 63:1-2


0 comments: