Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Be Anxious for Nothing..

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;
and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6,7


God's Word tells us to be anxious for nothing. Yet so many times in our lives we become engulfed in the cares of this world.

"Lord, I need this in my life or I must have that. I need it and I need it now!"

Soon it becomes all we can think about. Our prayer time is consumed with that one concern. We forget to offer Him praises. We forget to worship. We forget our relationship entirely.
Then... when these things fail to happen, we are quick to blame God or assume that He just doesn't care. "Oh well, God must not love me enough. If God really cared about me then He would have answered my prayer."

The first commandment plainly tells us "Thou shall have no other god before me." This commandment isn't strictly referring to other religions.
A god is anything that we choose to exalt or place as a higher priority over our creator.

We can have many "gods" in our lives: Money, food, jobs, relationships, addictions. When we become anxious for these things, we in turn, stop God from moving in the situation. For God Loves us too much to allow anything to hinder our relationship with Him.

When Serenity was struggling to survive, her life became a god to me. It was all I thought about....all I cared about. The status of her health consumed me. If you've read her story, then you know it wasn't until God asked me.."Would you still love me?" that I learned how to completely surrender her into His hands.

Just as Paul taught us.. we have to "learn to be content in whatever state we're in" (Philippians 4:11) For it's when we are truly content that we are fully trusting in God. Once we fully trust God, then our faith becomes pure. Faith moves the Hand of God.

I knew it was God's will to heal my daughter, but I had to become content with whatever decision He made. I had to say.. "Yes Lord, I would still love you! I would still serve you and hardest of all... I will still Praise you!" Immediately after those words left my lips, God's assurance came. From that moment on, the peace that surpasses all understanding guarded my heart. I knew but I knew but I knew just as I know the color of my eyes... I knew my daughter was healed and no word, action or deed was going to change my mind. With His peace came pure faith and God's hand soon moved mightily in our midst.

So we are to be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with THANKSGIVING, let our requests be know to God.

How can we give thanksgiving during our time of need? Simple..when we are a child of God, and when we are truly doing our best to strive toward "Christ like" perfection, Then we fall under the shadow of the almighty (Psalm 91). We our sheltered within the wings of the ultimate protector. The enemy can NOT bring anything into our lives that God does not allow. So if God allows it... then we also know this promise...

"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28

We have a promise of Victory! We have a promise of blessings! We know God loves us and is doing His best to perfect His chosen vessel. (James 1) So why should we become anxious, or impatient? Why should we worry?

We shouldn't!

Here's a tip I have learned...the sooner I allow God complete control and fully trust Him with every situation... the sooner I become content in whatever state I'm in.... then the sooner I obtain Victory and God receives His glory!

We are to offer our prayers to Him. Then be obedient to His commandment to...

"Be still and know that I am God!" Psalm 46:10

So be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication let your requests be made know to God, then...

"Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart: wait, I say, on the LORD." Psalm 27:14

2 comments:

Joylynn said...

Hi Dana!!

Thank you so much for your AWESOME comment, on my blog. That was a great surprise! And thank you for your offer to make scripture prayers. If the Lord has led you to do so, then that would be great! I have been so discouraged lately, I would be grateful to have someone help with my prayer life! I feel like my mind has drawn a blank. I love the Lord, and I know He is there. But when I have sick days (like the last 2), I do not see a light at the end of the tunnel. I guess the pain, nausea and sickness have just overwhelmed me. The doctor had some blood work done, and said I have Lupus. I have to go get a BUNCH of testing done, June 2nd, at the Lupus Center. Life has sort of kidnapped me. lol So, I GREATLY appreciate your encouragement. : )

I love this post! I wish every christian could read this, and truly let it sink deep down. As Christians, I think we sometimes feel like just because we are saved, we have nothing to worry about. I love how you said your daughter's life became an idol, to you. Wow. I can SO relate to that. I have to really battle not to put my children higher than God. I mean, in my mind, I know God is first. But, my emotions and actions sometimes speak something different. I think every mother faces that at some time. You putting it into perspective, is just really encouraging. Thank you for writing this, and being the woman of God you are, to acknowledge this!! I look forward to hearing from you, and following your blog. You have already been a blessing to me! : ) Thank you also, for your prayers. They are greatly appreciated!

Your Sis in Jesus,
Joy

Stephanie RN BSN (to be!) said...

I love this post! Your insight and interpretation of Scripture is so helpful! You have no idea how much your comments have meant to me lately...you are appreciated more than you know :-)

Blessings!