Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Toddler Talk - "I don't like Nunions!"

Serenity loves to watch me cook! The other night I was chopping onions and she was sitting on the bar stool hovering over me....

Reni: "Mom, I don't like nunions!"

Mom: "I know Sweetie! But I put these in white chicken chili and you LOVE chicken chili."

Reni: she perks up with really big smile.."Okay....Neni like chili!"

a few seconds later...

Reni: "Mom, I don't like nunions!"

Mom: "I know Reni! We already talked about this! You like chicken chili and we need onions to make chicken chili."

Reni: "Ahh.... Neni like chili!"

a few seconds later...

Reni: "Mom... I DON'T LIKE NUNIONS! I WON'T EATS EM'"

Mom: "Will you eat chicken chili?"

Reni: "Yep!"

Mom: "Okay then!"

Serenity begins to lean in closer and closer as I chop the onions.... She begins to sob a little.... I look up to see her eyes filled with tears...

Reni: sniff sniff "Mommy... Neni's eyes urt...they burning!"

Mom: "Oh honey scoot back a little! You're too close to the onions!"

Reni: sniff sniff "Nunions make Neni cry....See Mommy..... I toad you.... I DON'T LIKE NUNIONS!"

I pick her up and wash her face with some cool water. Then off she goes all better to play.

About an hour later I find her in the kitchen with a whole onion and a butter knife.

Mom: "Serenity! What are you doing with that?"

Reni: "Ligah took Neni's toy. Neni had it first!"

Mom: "So.... What are you doing with that?"

Reni: "Neni make Ligah cry!"

Mom: "OH NO YOU'RE NOT! Give that to me!"

Sigh... Kids!

1 comments:

Stephanie RN BSN (to be!) said...

I love white chicken chili...it's one of my favorite soups ever.