Wednesday, April 8, 2009

OnStar Frenzy!

Okay, quick question..Am I the only person who has trouble with the automated calling service with Onstar? Every time I try to call someone from my car, the stinking computer ALWAYS gets my numbers all wrong. My husband can do it. My parents can do it. My brother and sister in law have no problem with theirs, but it just doesn't understand ME. I've tried talking slow, fast, high, low. Over and Over again and it gets it wrong every time. This is the conversation we had tonight..

Computer:
"Please say a command."

Me:
"Dial"

Computer:
"Okay...We can do that for you....Please say the number you wish to dial."

Me:
625 555 8323

Computer:
"Did you say.. 825 555 8323? Say Yes or No

Me:
NO!

Computer:
Okay! Let's try again. Please say the number you wish to dial.

Me:
6...25 555 8323

Computer:
Did you say... 225 555 1212? Say Yes or NO

Me:
NNNOOO

Computer:
Okay! Let's try again. Please say the number you wish to dial.

No joke folks this went on for 15 full minutes. My children we laughing hysterically at me. Then finally after trying every possible combination of speeds and voice tones..It finally got it right!

Computer:
Did you say... 625 555 8323? Say Yes or No.

ME:
YYYYYYESSSSSS!

Computer:
Okay...

Me:
OH PRAISE THE LORD!!

Computer:
I'm sorry! NO? Okay... Let's try again... Please say the number you wish to dial..

The Car erupts in laughter! Mom is the butt of
everyone's jokes and I'm beating my head against the steering wheel.

Me:
YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING!

Computer:
I'm sorry...Could you speak slower?

URGH!!!!! I'm never forgetting my cell phone again!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

That's too funny! LOL

Stephanie RN BSN (to be!) said...

Technology stinks sometimes, doesn't it?