Monday, April 6, 2009

Anger for a Righteous Cause!

My heart and mind fill with anger as I think about all the destruction that Satan causes. I get so very angry when I think about all the blessings that he has stolen from us. Every second, he steals health, youth, joy or life. Every second millions are suffering because of him, because of sin.

This anger consumes me like a fire ignited within my spirit. It only makes me want to seek Jesus more. It only makes me want to become more serious about my responsibility as a born again Christian. It makes me want to storm the gates of hell and pull souls from the very grip of Satan himself.

Some may ask if this kind of anger is biblical. My answer is ABSOLUTELY! Anger is very biblical when it is controlled and focused on a righteous cause. Christians do not have sit by quietly and reformed to be holy. Jesus himself became angry. The word of God says "to be angry and sin not,"(Eph. 4:26) They are two separate things. All emotions are God given. It is only the way we choose to use them that make them sinful.

As Christians we had better become more angry with Satan. For the more angry we become, the harder we strive for Godly causes. It is the fuel that keeps us winning souls and spreading the gospel. In this day and age, every where you turn you can see the trail of destruction left by Satan. Our world is so full of violence, death and sickness. The hearts of people have become corrupt and harden by the disease of sin. It's no wonder why they have forgotten about the goodness of the Lord.

I guess that is one factor that has been pushing me to spread Serenity's testimony. I want everyone to know what God has done not only for us but for EVERYONE. His love for each and every one of us is so great that the human heart nor mind can not even comprehend it's extent.

Whatever your impossible, He is a God of miracles! Whatever your battle, He is a God of victory! Whatever your sin, He is a God of forgiveness! Whoever you are, He is a God of Love! Adam and Eve introduced sin into this world by their disobedience. God then sent His only begotten Son as our Savior. Just so that today, I could type, He is a God of Redemption! He wants to restore ALL the blessings Satan has stolen.

The problem is we have to WANT his help! We have to be willing to summit to Him completely. We have to be willing to let go of this world and cling to HIS Kingdom!

We are living in a world dying and going to hell. Am I doing everything I can to make a difference? Could I be doing more?

My heart is so full right now. I want to stand upon the highest mountain and scream out this revelation. I want to grab people by their shoulders and ask them, "Why don't you believe? Why do you want to suffer?" The flesh in me wants to shake the gospel into them. Even though my spirit knows that would never work. We can't force anyone to believe. They have to be willing to accept our words.

If you will, picture a man running as fast as he can straight into a brick wall. Then watch him get up and do it over and over again. Sooner or later, he's going to beat himself to death. I'm confident that all those watching would think, Man what an idiot! Right? Yet, millions of people are basically doing the same thing. Living a sinful life without Jesus has the same effect. Running from God only leads to pain, suffering and death. EVERY sin has a consequence! The good news is every painful consequence has a Savior.

I am crying as I type this. For I know that many will read this, or hear the same from someone else and yet they will choose not to believe. Many are so caught up in this world that they refuse to let go. There will be those that will perish. The only little comfort I take is in knowing that it will not be for lack of knowledge.

As long as we continue to spread the gospel, and pray as God leads, our hands are clean. Miss an opportunity to witness and our hands become stained with their spiritual blood. Am I doing everything I can to make a difference? Am I seizing every opportunity?

Examine your hearts, look around at your family and friends, are your hands clean? There is so much hurt in this world! Sometimes it feels like the bad always out weighs the good. The truth is the good far and beyond ALWAYS out weighs the bad, you just have to be willing to see it!

In spite of all the pain, there is HOPE for every man! Whatever your question, Jesus is the answer.

Every time I watch Serenity sleep, I see His grace! Every time I listen to her heart beat, I hear His mercy. Every time I touch her scars I feel HIS as well. Every healthy, normal thing she does, reminds me.. of His love!

As I wipe away my tears, I pray our daughter always serves as a reminder to you as well. Whatever this world brings, remember Serenity and never forget the GOODNESS of the Lord! For He loves you so very much!


"
I will mention the lovingkindnesses of the Lord, and the praises of the Lord, according to all that the Lord hath bestowed on us, and the great goodness toward the house of Israel, which He hath bestowed on them according to His mercies, and according to the multitude of His lovingkindness."
Isaiah 63:7

1 comments:

Tessa said...

thanks for helping me with that verse, i am still trying to understand everything in the bible, sometimes it just doesn't make sense, so i kinda just follow along on how it goes in the book. but i am trying. we would sure like to come up on sunday, i bought bryer some really nice dress shoes and just dying to show them off because he looks so cute in them. what time does it start. i may bring my little niece with us.