Thursday, March 12, 2009

Hi/Lo Thursday

This post is part of "Hi/Lo Thursday" on the Riggs Family Blog. Check out their blog to read everyone else's "Hi/Lo" posts and get your link on their site.


My Highs:
1) My mother has always been the backbone of my faith. She raised us in a manner to which believing God to supply all of our needs just came natural. From the time we were very small, she has been instilling a strong concept of faith. She is my inspiration....my mentor....my best friend. God has always used her in a mighty way. He continues to open doors for her ministry to flourish. The church my parents Pastor together, has been blessed from the time they opened the doors. Every member continues to receive blessings, miracles, and spiritual growth. I continue to be in awe at what God has accomplished through them.

The beginning of this week she was approached with an offer to help host a radio program. The man said he wanted someone he knew would always be led by God to speak the truth and my mother came to mind. So today she will air her first radio show and I am so very proud of her. She is a little nervous! But I told her "Mom, if there's one thing you can do.....IT'S TALK ABOUT THE WORD!" Anyone who knows her...knows just how truthful that statement is! :)


2) Last night I announced to the Youth Group that they have finally earned enough points (by reading the bible, increasing their pray time, witnessing, participating in services, etc) for a weekend trip. In a couple of weeks, we will be traveling to a theme park that hosts an annual Young Christian Weekend. They will enjoy lots of fun rides, games, Christian workshops and concerts. The youth group is estatic and they are all counting down the days until we leave!

My Lows:
Tommy has not been feeling well this week. We are not sure if he caught a virus, a nasty cold or allergies, but the poor guy was miserable. He has had to miss two days of work and as much as I love taking care of him, we could really use the full 40 hours of pay! However, we know that God will get us through...He never fails to give us MORE than enough!

2 comments:

noahandlylasmommi said...

Praying that your husband feels better. Have a great time on your trip, sounds like alot of fun :0)

Stephanie RN BSN (to be!) said...

I'll be praying that Tommy feels better ASAP!