Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Opposite Side of the Spectrum!

"I sat there for hours at a time just reading, praying and crying. We would take the authority that Christ has given us to bind the sickness and disease, commanding her body to line up with the Word of God. Man said my baby was sick... God said my baby WAS healed. We were going to believe God's words.

The nurses would walk by and stare. I could hear them whisper, but I didn't allow this to affect me. I continued to read my scriptures and pray. I knew that God would be faithful to HIS promises.

After awhile of hearing only the constant beeping and seeing only her chest move up and down with every breath the machine breathed for her, I began to fall apart. I would poke her and tickle her, doing everything I could just to get some kind of reaction out of her, but nothing. She laid there, not even a twitch.

I picked her arm up and gently let go. It fell limp and lifeless to her side. I began to cry. I cried out to God.

"Lord please give me a sign that somewhere inside this body my daughter still thrives. I need to know she is still in there."

Then I took my hand and gently caressed the bottom of her foot, what had before just laid motionless and lifeless, suddenly jerked back. I thought my heart might leap right out of my chest. I began to play with her. I would tickle her foot and she would move it. We did this over and over for several minutes.

This is one of the first of many miracles to come. Still to this day, Serenity is extremely ticklish on the bottom of her feet. I know that God gave this to me because I needed it to strengthen my faith. I had to have something to hold onto. He always meets us at our level of faith. "

Courtesy of Our Story on Through the Valley of Serenity

"Offer unto God thanksgiving: and Pay thy vows unto the Most High: And Call upon me in the day of trouble: I WILL DELIVER THEE, and thou shalt GLORIFY ME." Psalm 50:14-15

Yesterday, as I was chasing Serenity from one mess to another around our house, then at my parents house then at Wal-Mart, then at... well.....you get the idea.

My mind drifted back to me sitting beside her hospital bed, praying for just one tiny movement. All I needed at the time was just one tiny movement, to prove that my baby was more than a breathing machine.

As my mind began pondering that thought, God suddenly brought Ephesians 3:20 to memory.

"And unto Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us."

Serenity is the complete opposite of that ill little baby. She is by far the most active out of our five children. She is constantly keeping me on my toes. I hardly go a moment without wondering what mess she's making...and if I do slack off for a brief minute..I definitely regret it later.

Yes she is the exact opposite of the baby she once was. How awesome is our God?!

I am so very grateful for my Savior....not only does He swoop in and deliver us from the darkness...but He always carries us to the complete opposite side of the spectrum!

"Then spake Jesus again unto them saying, I am the light of the world: he that follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life." John 8:12

Our Little Light Full of Life:















2 comments:

Hilary said...

Oh, I got goosebumps reading that part of Serenity's story!
God is sooo good!!
Praise God for your miracle :)

You are such an encouragement to me and such a strong example of never-ending faith and trust in our Lord!

Blessings!

Ande said...

Love the hats!