Friday, February 6, 2009

The Measure of Faith: It's Always Enough!

"..... as God hath dealt to EVERY man the measure of Faith."
Romans 12:3b


I once heard a minister speak on this scripture. He was preparing a sermon and God kept leading him back to this verse. He thought.. Okay God, your word says you have dealt to every man the MEASURE of faith, but how do I explain to them how much the measure is. Is it a lot, a little that grows over a period of time, how much is THE measure?

He said immediately three little words came to mind...."It's always enough."

I thought, Wow... how very profound!

Instantly I was taken back to our journey with Serenity. God was always handing me my little "faith boosters."
(for example; Reni's ticklish feet posted below) Every time I thought that I might just completely break down and lose it. God was always there giving me what I needed to hold on. Those little baby steps that some how catch our eye, is His way of lifting us to a new level of faith.

We ourselves can not make it in our own power, but God's Grace carries us. With every step He is lifting us higher and higher until we reach that mountaintop. When we keep our eyes focused on Him, the very moment our faith seems weak, we can call out to Him and He will send the little boosts we need to make it through. Whether it be someone with encouraging words, a scripture brought back to memory, an answered prayer, or just simply opening our eyes to see His miracle unfold.

It doesn't matter who we are, when our eyes are focused on Him, our faith is "always enough!"


Take Thomas, one of the twelve disciples, for example. I know most people give this story a bad rap. They look at it like Thomas was something less than what a disciple should be because he needed confirmation. I, on the other hand, see a completely different side to this story. I see a Savior who loves us so very much that He is willing to give us whatever we need in order to believe. Jesus did not shun Thomas for his doubt. He simply replied with,
"Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands: and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side; and be not faithless, but believing. "John 20:27


Yes blessed are those who believe without seeing, but if you need to see... then so be it. Come so that you will not be without faith.

God wants us to have faith strong enough to believe Him for all the blessings He has promised us. He knows that sometimes we need a personal confirmation and HE IS NOT OFFENDED BY THAT.

Sometimes we need Him to answer us personally. We need Him to reveal Himself in a mighty way. Sometimes we just need to see His scars and that's okay! He meets us at our own level of faith, then boosts us to a higher level until we reach that mountaintop.

God hath dealt to every man THE measure of faith. The measure... meaning there's only one measure. We all are capable of moving mountains. We are all capable of Victory in every situation in our lives! We can not do it in our own power, but Thank God that when we choose to place the measure of faith in Him...

It's ALWAYS ENOUGH!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I have no christian fellowship in my family and feel so alone sometimes. I was feeling sad with the burden of my daughters having enough faith and seeking after God. I cried out to God and I heard "a measure of faith". I googled that to find where that scripture was in the bible and found your site. Thank you for that post. "When our eyes are focused on Him it's always enough" That is now written in the space of my bible with an arrow from the underlined portion of Rom. 12:3 "..to every man the measure of faith" So my prayer and my hope is for my children and husband to focus their eyes on God.
I am called to say to you and reaffirm that "you are blessed and have God's favor"!
Michelle

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed your GOD filled post concerning "a measure of faith"!

May GOD Bless You

thegateway2heaven said...

Praise the Lord.
God is not a respector of persons and so I totally agree that 'the measure of faith' is a set amount for every man upon which he/she can build by the Word of God (Romans 10:17)
Anthony (thegateway2heaven.com)