Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Laughter Lives Tuesday

Laughter LivesThis post is part of "Laughter Lives! Tuesday" on the Riggs Family Blog. Check our their blog to read everyone else's "Laughter Lives!" posts.


This week's Topic:
Funny things that happened at church or a public event.

At Church:
Have you ever had the giggles, to the point that you just can not stop laughing? The harder you try to stop the more you laugh. Well that happened to my entire family one morning during church. The morning started out as being, "one of those days." Everyone woke up late and had to scurry around as fast as they could to make it there on time. One thing after another kept going wrong all morning long. Finally we made it to church just in time for the service to begin. We sat there relieved throughout the entire worship service, through all the preliminaries and half the sermon, when suddenly my mom started to giggle. I leaned over and whispered, "What's the matter?" She tried several times to answer me, but couldn't stop laughing long enough to spit the words out. After a couple of attempts she just pointed toward the ground at my Dad's feet. Immediately my Dad and I both knew what was so funny. In the mad rush to get ready, he had carelessly put on one brown boot and one black boot. We all started laughing, trying hard to compose ourselves. Then my brother, leaned over and asked me, "What's so funny." I pointed toward the ground and he started laughing. Then my sister asked him the same question, and so on. Until our entire family was desperately trying to compose ourselves. Every once in awhile the Pastor would stop in mid sentence to give us a curious look, which of course only made us laugh more. After service, the entire family went forward and explained our rude behavior and ensured him that our giggles had absolutely nothing to do with his sermon.

A Trip to the Museum:

Ten years ago, my husband and I were perfect parents! Yes in deed, we had it ALL under control. We were going to raise the perfect child and he was going to be a genius. To ensure this fact, we decided to expose him to some culture. So we made the decision to take our newborn son to our local museum. Now this museum was exactly what you would picture,
light and airy with marble textured floors, very pristine. Although it was very crowded, you could still hear a pin drop, and listen to the echo of it hit hitting the floor for another 30 seconds. It was clean, beautiful and quiet, very quiet! That is.... until we arrived. After a only a few moments of looking around, we walk into the most beautiful room in the building! Something to the left suddenly catches my eye, and at the same time something to the right catches Tom's, who just so happens to be carrying our son. I am on one side of the huge room and Tom and Noah are completely on the other side. Suddenly I hear the loudest bodily function I had ever heard in my life. Anyone who has ever had a breast fed baby knows exactly what I'm talking about. They do not just go potty, they EXPLODE! Immediately following the loud roar, Tommy yells from across the room, "AHHH! OH MAN GROSS! Dana! Dana! DAANNNNA!" Suddenly realizing where he was, he quickly glanced around the room and changed his tone to a whisper, "Dana, Dana, Where are you? Dana, Help me! " Then he proceeds to hold our son at arm's length and scurry across the pretty floor in my direction. I quickly headed off to meet him in the middle. By the time he reached me, not only was he covered, but a trial of yellow baby poop stretched half way across the room. Everyone is now watching only us! We could hear faint giggles and whispers, we however were NOT laughing! In fear of spreading more mustard like poop, I changed him right in the middle of the room with all eyes on us. I looked around for help but no one dared come to our rescue. So I collapsed to my hands and knees and began cleaning the floor with a baby wipe! After several minutes of sheer humiliation. We hung our heads low and left the building. Needless to say, that was the last time we tried to enrich a newborn's life with some culture.


A Family Wedding:

Elijah and his four year old cousin Talynn recently made my nephew's wedding very interesting . Talynn is always declaring her unfailing love for Eli She will say, "We're gettin' married," not will you marry me, or maybe we'll get married, but "We ARE gettin' married." Eli will just shrug his shoulders and say, "Okay.." They have spent many days planning their so called wedding. So it came as no surprise when they decided to mock the entire wedding ceremony. They did everything the bride and groom did. All the way from saying, "I do." and "I do do too."



To sharing their first dance as husband and wife!
Yeah, they really got into that one! Get down with your bad selves!
To even the most well known part of the ceremony. You know which one I'm talking about. The oh so anticipated, You may now....


Kiss the Bride!!



More Church:

One night while Mommy and Daddy were gathering their things together after church, Serenity decided to wonder around a bit. We found her on the alter with the prayer request box. Since the box was just emptied, the lingering congregation watch her for just a bit.
Hmm, What IS THIS?


Hello, I have a question! Anyone? Anyone?


Hello, can you hear me? What is this thing?

Huh? A prayer box? You mean you pray in THERE?
Let me see, Hello! Is anybody in there?

Don't worry! Just hang on! I'll get you out!
Are you hungry in there? Do you want some of my candy?

Oops! Wasn't Me!









3 comments:

kelliebean said...

Giggles during church - SO embarrassing (glad I'm not the only one)! The museum story has got me laughing so hard...laughing WITH you, though. I remember those explosive diaper days. Blech! :)

"Yeah, Mom and Dad, here's what I think of your culture!"

Tanya said...

They are a riot, you have a beautiful family.

Stephanie RN BSN (to be!) said...

I think the museum story was the funniest. I've watched many a breastfed baby and they have a knack for some messy bms!

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I love yours...your family is precious, so you have a new follower!