Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I will say...Yes Lord

"Come and hear all ye that fear God, and I will declare what He has done for my soul. I cried unto Him with my mouth, and he was extolled with my tongue. If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me: But verily God has heard me: He has attented to the voice of my prayer. Blessed be God, which has Not turned away my prayer, nor His mercy from me." Psalm 66:16-20

The last few days, I have felt God drawing me closer to Him. I have felt His presence so strong surrounding me. I sit and quiver under an anointing. I feel God preparing my heart for something nearly surreal. I am in anticipation of something great.

The last few months God has placed an incredible compassion in my heart for complete strangers. I have laid in bed weeping hours at a time for the healing of those I have never met. He has placed such a hunger and determination in my heart. Then I have been able to witness His hand move in each of those situations.

God chooses to answer my prayers and I often wonder why..... why my prayers. I am so not worthy. I am not worthy of the anointing that makes me weep uncontrollably. I am not worthy of the spiritual "goose bumps" I'm feeling at this moment. I am not worthy of the intense heat that warms my hands when I lay them on the sick. I am not worthy to be His instrument. Yet I feel Him longing to use me more. I feel Him drawing me closer. I hear Him calling out my name. "Rise up my daughter! Rise up and take your place!"

He has been preparing me... preparing me for something great. Now I feel it is nearly at hand.

"O Bless our God ye people and make the voice of His praise be heard.. For thou O God has proved us: You have tried us, as silver is tried. You brought us into the net: you laid afflictions of our loins. You have caused men to ride over our heads, we went through fire and through water: but you brought us out into a wealthy place." Psalm 66:8-12

I can't not describe the love I feel. I can't explain the anticipation that makes me heart leap within me. I can not express my hunger nor thirst. All I can do is praise Him and say "Yes Lord! Yes Lord... although I know I am not worthy.... Yes Lord, I will answer your call...."

"Oh God thou art my God, early I will seek thee; my soul thirsts for you... my flesh longs for you.... To see your power and your glory...as I have seen you before." Psalm 63:1-2

0 comments: