Monday, January 19, 2009

Laughter Lives Tuesday!

Laughter LivesThis post is part of "Laughter Lives! Tuesday" on the Riggs Family Blog. Check our their blog to read everyone else's "Laughter Lives!" posts.




The following are actual moments of laughter that we have been blessed to experience, thanks to our many children.


I am a faithful breastfeeding mom. I have nursed all five of my children for well over a year. So if comes as no surprise that they are all very familar with the task. One day I was out shopping with my mother when my son Elijah was still very small(Before Reni was born). In order to make the trip easier on both of us, we split the kids between us, I had two and she took two with her! While on opposites sides of a small, yet very crowded store, I heard Eli begin to cry. I knew it was getting close to his feeding time. So I began heading that way. When suddenly, I heard my 4 year old daughter Gracee yell, "Mom, Eli wants to drink your boobie!" Laughter erupted throughout the store! Mortified, I tried to hide my head. Then once again I heard, "Mom did you hear me? Eli NEEDS to drink your Boobie NOW!"




Play Time with Eli and Reni

Eli: "Hey Reni, you wanna play hide and YOU go seek?"

Reni: "Yep!"

Eli: "K, close er eyes"

Reni: "K"

Eli: "Cannu see me?"

Reni: "Yep!"

Eli: "K, Now I hide!"

Eli runs off to hide under a nearby end table.

Eli: "K! Come find me!"

Reni, who has been peeking the entire time, immediately runs over and looks under the table.

Reni: "Yay! I find you! I find you!"

Eli: now frustrated looks up "No Reni! You are supposed to look AROUND first!"

Reni: puzzled "OHHH?" then nods her head "K"

Reni runs off to look under ANOTHER nearby table while Eli remains "hidden"




I think Serenity has been hanging around her brothers and sisters too long! I caught her playing in the cabinets today. She had a bottle in her hand and was dumping its contents all over the floor. When I yelled, "Serenity No!" She quickly dropped the bottle and exclaimed, "It wasn't me Mom!" Hearing those words with that innocent expression, it was very difficult to contain my laughter!
Then, a few hours later, I had a revelation. I have finally pinned down the bad influence. I found Serenity and Elijah playing in the toilet. Elijah was squeezing tooth paste into the water while Serenity used the hairbrush to stir it. Before I could even utter a word, Eli dropped the tooth paste and blurted out, "Wasn't me Mom, Reni do it." Then Serenity immediately followed his lead by handing me the brush shaking her head. "Wasn't me Mom, Ligah do it." Then they walked out of the bathroom hand and hand, confident they were both safe from the wrath of Mom. This time I could not contain the laughter.


I found Serenity on the girls' bunk bed again! As soon as she saw me heading her way, she immediately dropped her head down on the pillow. Sternly I asked, "Serenity what are you doing up there again?" She quickly raised her head and firmly replied, "SHHH! I nighty night!" "Oh no," I said, "You're not going nighty night up there! You come down here and sleep!" She ignored my request by making snorting noises with her little nose. "Reni are you snoring?" Again she quickly raised her head and yelled, "YES!" "Oh? Where did you learn how to do that?" She grinned from ear to ear and replied, "Daddy!"
Out of the mouth of Babes, right?
I love you honey, Snores and all! :)


Finally to conclude Laughter Lives Tuesday:
Another Boredom Relief Lesson
as taught by
Professor Eli and Professor Reni

If you are having a hard time finding something creative to pass the time, then try this:

1. Sneak an ordinary package of Tositos chips from the pantry while Mommy is otherwised focused on cleaning house. (This also works well if one partner carefully devises a distraction while the other waits for her back to be turned.)
2. Then take said package of chips into the living room and quickly dump its ENTIRE contents onto the hardwood floor.
3. While music from "Dora the Explorer" plays in the background, jump up and down on said chips, performing your own version of a Mexican hat dance. This makes an incredibly entertaining crunching noise. (the only downfall is it can be heard throughout the house)
4. When you hear Mommy heading your way, blurt out, "Hide Mommy's coming, Mommy's coming!" while you scurry around the room trying to hide yourselves AND the mess. (Note: make sure your bare bottom isn't poking out from behind the hiding chair)
5. Then if Mommy does indeed find you and sternly order you to pick up said mess, innocently bat your beautiful eyes and declare, "Mommy, I don't want to! I princess!" (It's worth a try because sometimes this works like a charm)
6. If for some reason Mom isn't buying into your overwhelming cuteness, than embrace the challenge of picking up the mess, by singing a song as you both go along. "Clean up! Clean up! Every-boddddyyyy Clean up!"
7. Afterward dump your entire collection of Legos out on the same floor and start the whole process all over.

Once again make note of the fact that if you truly want to NEVER be bored than become the said Mommy of the said Professors! :)

4 comments:

Brianna said...

I loved the boobie story! My 3-year-old daughter used to say something very similar to that when I was nursing my infant son. Except she used to say "Mommy, Caleb needs to eat your boobie" :o)

Great stories!

Juls said...

very cute... I was laughing to the point of tears nearly at the boobie story.... I could just imagine the whole thing playing out... Thanks for sharing

Brandi said...

too funny! I too like the boobie story best! My friend recently went away on a trip. Her 3 year old son went through the ENTIRE airport yelling, "Molly drinks mommy's boobie" at the top of his lungs. They just kept walking as fast as possible to get to the gate!

Brandi

Hilary said...

Okay, one:
These are some seriously funny stories! It sure sounds like your household is not the least bit boring!

two:
Thank you so very much for visiting my blog and leaving me such encouraging words and scriptures. James 1:2-4 is one of the verses I've been reading and memorizing lately. Your words are truly appreciate and I am blessed by them!
Thank you.

Three:
What an amazing story you have with your miracle baby, Serenity! It was so encouraging to read how you and your husband declared God's healing over her even though the doctors were telling you otherwise. What an amazing story of faith and I'm so glad to see how full of life she is today!! What an amazing miracle!

I'll definitely be back to check on your beautiful family!

Blessings,
Hilary