Friday, January 16, 2009

"She's Special isn't she?"

"Let thy work appear unto thy servants and thy Glory onto their children. And the let the Beauty of the Lord our God be upon us;" Psalms 90:16,17
"For he that findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favor of the Lord." Proverbs 8:35

About a month after we were released from the hospital, I was standing in the checkout line at Wal-Mart. Of course every trip anywhere is exciting and exhausting for me with five children.

This trip was no different. I was standing there clutching Reni in my arms, staring off into the distance from sheer exhaustion. When a voice awakened me from my day dream. "I don't like children!"

Wow! What was that?

I definitely wasn't expecting to hear those words. I shook my head in amazement as I turned around to see a pretty scary figure. A woman stood before me, dressed in black and covered in tattoos. I could tell that she had led a very rough life, for she was aged way beyond her years.

At the time I thought, Oh no I'm going to get pounded in the parking lot. Then before I could speak, she noticed the fear in my eyes. She quickly corrected herself, "What I mean is I don't usually like children. I don't have the patience for them. So I just choose to stay away from them."

Then she looked directly at Reni and smiled a very sweet grin. As she took Serenity's tiny fingers into her hand, she continued, "But there is something different about this one. I'm just drawn to her for some reason. For the first time in my life, I just want to hold a baby. She's special isn't she?"

I could see the tears swelling up in her eyes as I said, "Yes she is!" Then proceeded to tell her Serenity's testimony.

I know that Reni touched her heart. She touched her heart just by being there. Of course, I also know that it wasn't actually Reni that touch her, but the glory of God that surrounds her!

I have often noticed a difference in the way people perceive Serenity compared to other children. Now I don't truly believe that Reni is any cuter or more special than other children, especially my own four. All my children are beautiful and special. However, Serenity did have constant prayer over her for several months straight. Prayer not only from family and friends, but from complete strangers as well. Then because of that prayer, she was touched by the very Hand of God. The Holy Spirit surrounds her even today! People can sense His touch. They want what she has. They are drawn to the sweet aroma of HIS presence.

I have notice this, not only with Serenity, but other miracle babies as well. So this made me begin to think. What would happen if we prayed as diligently for every child as we prayed for the ones needing healing. Now I'm not just talking about saying a prayer once or twice a day, then going about our business. I mean truly standing and declaring EVERY promise of God over them. Then taking the authority we have in Christ to make those things come about. How awesome would it be to raise up a generation of children, saturated with the presence of God? Think of the miracles, the souls that would be saved, the healings that would take place. We would raise up a mighty generation of warriors for Christ! All of this, because of the sacrafice of prayer and praise.

I often think about that lady in Wal-Mart and I wonder just exactly, how much was she blessed that day? I think it would be a safe assumption to say, she probably hadn't spent much time in church. That may very well have been the first time she ever felt the presence of the Holy Spirit strong enough to recognize it. Then I wonder, how many more people out there are in desparate need of that same blessing?

My heart answers me by saying, Far more than we will ever know!

0 comments: