Friday, January 16, 2009

Psalms 118

"O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good; because his mercy endureth forever. Let Israel now say that his mercy endureth forever. Let the house of Aaron now say, that his mercy endureth forever. Let them now that fear the Lord say that his mercy endureth forever. I called upon the Lord in distress; the Lord answered me, and set me in a large place. The Lord is on my side; I will not fear; It is better to trust the Lord than to put confidence in man. The Lord is my strength and song, and is become my salvation. The right hand of the Lord is exhalted; the right hand of the Lord doeth valiantly. I shall not die but LIVE and declare the works of the Lord. I will praise thee; for thou hast heard me and hath become my salvation. Thou art my God; and I will praise thee; thou art my God, I will exalt thee. O Give thanks unto the Lord; for HE is GOOD; for His mercy endureth forever." Psalms 118 (in parts)

I praise God for the knowledge and instinct to Trust the Lord. For confidence in man often fails, but trust in the Lord ALWAYS prevails. I can not even begin to count the number of times I quoted Psalms 118:17 over Serenity. Over and over again as I sat beside her bed listening to the beeps of the machines keeping her alive, I would speak, "Serenity shall not die, but LIVE and declare the works of the Lord. God your Word has promised, Serenity shall NOT die but LIVE and declare the works of the Lord." It was in these moments that I often talked with God about the testimony I would someday share with others. Hence, the birth of our website, this blog and someday my book! Forever God is faithful! O I give thanks unto the Lord; for HE is GOOD; His mercy and Love endureth FOREVER!

0 comments: