Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Lead me Lord! I'll Follow!

So many times in our lives we may not fully understand the direction in which God leads us. I know there were many times during our journey when I wondered, why Lord? Times such as, leading us to four different hospitals, and stopping surgery three different times. Looking back now, I can see things so much differently. My eyes have been opened to circumstances that at the time only God could foresee. Serenity ended up having her surgery at a hospital ranked within the top ten for pediatric cardiology. Receiving the diagnosis of Restrictive Cardiomyopathy, was the only way she arrived there. I also wondered why God miraculously healed her of that disease but allowed the coarctation to become worse. Then later I realized whenever someone reviews her chart they will see that Reni was a very sick little girl, no one expected her to get better until after transplant. As a matter of fact, for several weeks her condition was rapidly declining. However something changed and suddenly she began to improve ( just so happens it coincided with the same night I received God's assurance of healing, hmm). After she was released from the hospital, the coarctation only worsened. Therefore, removing any suspicion that there might have been a "misdiagnosis.' He made it abundantly clear that Restrictive Cardiomyopathy, which has never been known to improve, was in fact once there and now it's not! If her problem had only been the coarc, then she should have never been able to leave the hospital! It worsen yet she improved. I believe this was God's way of saying, "I healed what no man could cure. Now use the wisdom I have given you and finish my work." God was ensuring He would receive all the Glory and at the same time, teaching us to trust Him in all aspects of His healing power. He has so many different ways of healing; instantly divine, creative, through medical technology. But make no mistake, whatever way He chooses, ALL healing is by the hand of God. By guiding our steps to so many hospitals, we were also able to witness to a multitude of people. Doors were opened and hearts were touched by our Faith in Jesus Christ. We may not have fully understood God's direction at the time, but regardless, we trusted Him completely! We walked through the doors He opened and were content with the ones He closed. God's plan may be difficult to comprehend, but it's always in our best interest. We must believe that with our whole hearts. The hardest thing for me to understand is why Serenity was delivered from a heart transplant when so many other God fearing, faith filled children have to endure one. The only explanation I can come up with is, God's plan is different for everyone. (He may use their testimony to speak to the hearts of those Serenity's story can not reach) I know without a shadow of a doubt that it is ALWAYS God's will to heal and He heals in many different ways. I also know within every fiber of my being that if He had chosen to heal Reni through a transplant, she would have come through with flying colors and would have suffered NONE of the side effects!! Despite the medical predictions, God was going to give me a normal healthy little girl either way. This I know for certain. I also know that He is no respecter of persons! Whatever way God chooses, one thing remains for certain, He is a God that heals your mind, body and spirit! He is a God that delivers you from your destructions. He is a God that gives you life and life more abundantly! Forever God is faithful! Therefore, whatever your circumstance, whatever direction He leads you in, TRUST God COMPLETELY! You may not understand His direction at the time, but that's what makes Him God! Find comfort in knowing that the Omnipotent Being which He is, is also your Heavenly Father and He loves you very much! Allow Him to shelter you within His wings. For His direction never fails to lead us to Victory!

"How precious is Your lovingkindness O God! Therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of Your wings." Psalm 36:7
"For you have been a shelter for me, a strong tower from the enemy. I will abide in Your tabernacle forever; I will trust in the shelter of your wings." Psalm 61:3-4

0 comments: