Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Laughter Lives Tuesday

Laughter LivesThis post is part of "Laughter Lives! Tuesday" on the Riggs Family Blog. Check our their blog to read everyone else's "Laughter Lives!" posts.


I have always tried to make it clear to my children where love comes from. I try to instill the principle that God is Love and without HIM we wouldn't even be capable of loving, but THROUGH Him we can love anyone, even those who might hurt our feelings. During those moments at school when someone isn't nice to them, or they're just finding it near impossible to like someone, I always tell them to look deep inside and Jesus (who lives within them) will love through them. Well, one day my oldest daughter Kayleigh, was having a hard time following the rules. It seemed every time I turned around she was doing something that she knew very well she couldn't do. I spent most of the day scolding her. Until finally, the warnings and Mommy's patience ran out. I stripped her of all her priviledges and sent her to her room for some time out. As I was leaving, she softly asked, Mommy do you still love me?" Those words just about broke my heart. Immediately I replied with, "Of course, I love you! I will Always love you. There is nothing that you could ever do that would make me not love you. Right now I just don't like your behavior, But I will ALWAYS LOVE YOU!" A smile quickly came across her face. She seemed very content with my answer. Then very sincerely she replied, "Thanks Mommy! I'm glad! And Don't you worry cause Jesus will love you FOR me."

A few weeks ago while putting the laundry away, I distinctively heard the dangling sound of my car keys. Knowing good and well that it is my 2 and 3 year old's favorite pass time to play with and eventually lose my car keys, I immediately began following the sound. As I approached the bathroom the sound grew louder. When I finally came to the door and peeked inside, I saw Eli standing over the toilet. Before I could even utter a word, I suddenly heard a flush. I stood there for a moment in disbelief. Then I placed my hands firmly on my hips while stomping my foot and blurted out, "ELLIIIGAH!" He quickly turned to look at me with that "deer caught in the headlights look". He KNEW he was in trouble! However, the boy is no fool! He knows exactly how to escape the wrath of mom. His expression quickly changed as he turned up his bottom lip, casually glanced to the ground then back up at me again and softly replied, "Mommy, I ov you SOOOO much!" Yep! The boy has skill! Look out Girls!

My children are all very close in age. Therefore, they are all very close in heart as well! However there isn't any quite as close as my two toddlers. They just can't get enough of that lovin'!


All tuckered out from channel surfing!


"Cause I can't get enough of your lovin!"

"Can you PLEASE get this guy off of me? Enough Already!"

Now for something completely unrelated to this week's theme, yet still worthy of the spot light. Here's one for the "Funny things kids say,"
My three year old, Elijah just pulled out a bra from my dresser drawer then with a puzzled look on his face asked, "Mommy why do girls wear these boob hangers?" LOL For that very reason honey.... to hang our boobs up!
Have some funny stories about love?

4 comments:

Jarka said...

awesome!!!! I really love your post :D

Spudsnsalsa said...

Oh I'll be chuckling about "boob hangers" for a while!! Thanks for the smile.
Suz
www.knotthemagain.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

As I was reading your post I kept thinking that I always tell my boys that sometimes Mommy might not like you but she will ALWAYS love you!

Too funny about the keys too. I can just see the look on his face as he charms you out of being angry!

Chaukie said...

Very cute. I tell my kids the same thing - that I will always love them, but may not like their behavior.

Thanks for the comment.