Friday, January 23, 2009

How Great is our God!!

"He tells the number of the stars; he calls them all by their names. Great is our Lord, and of great power; His understanding is infinite." Psalm 147:4-5

Have you ever just looked up into the sky and gazed into the stars? Their number seems to be never ending. Yet Astronomers estimate that there are as many galaxies outside the Milky Way as there are stars in it. Each containing their own set of stars. Have you ever really stopped to think about that? The Word tells us that God not only knows the exact number of the stars but he also calls them each by their name. How incredibly awesome is that thought to ponder? His understanding is infinite! His power is never ending! How very small our once seemed impossiblities are, compared to the Maker of Heaven and Earth. Is our biggest problem even considered a problem when placed in the hands of our Heavenly Father? Not even close!

"Cast your cares upon Jesus!"

1 comments:

Hilary said...

Thank you so much for your continued encouraging words to me and my husband. The truths you spoke to us today through your comment was amazing and such a blessing!
We too are praying for complete restoration and healing of Rich (usually Rich has more faith in this than me...) but i'm learning to proclaim the truths that God has told us. I know it is His desire to heal and I want that so badly for my husband.
Thank you for reminding me to speak God's truth over my husband. That is not something I'm in the habit of doing...I pray for him, but I know I need to speak the Truth outloud over him!
So thank you so much for your encouragement to us! You are such a blessing....