Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Hold On and Never Let Go! God is Faithful!

"Now Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Hebrews 11:1

As I count my blessings, it's hard to believe that all the simple things that we so easily take for granted, were once things that I hoped (expected without sight) for.

I can still vividly remember how hard it was to stand on the promises of God. I would sit beside Reni's bed day in and day out, watching her motionless body. I would listen to the beeping sounds of her machines only to be interrupted by the oh so dreaded doctor's reports. I hate to say that they were negative, because they were not trying to be. They were just simply doing their job by stating the medical facts. But oh how those facts would cut straight through me like the sharpest knife. It was so hard, that's all I can think to say, It was just so very hard!

"Before him whom he believed, even God, who quickened the dead, and called those things that are not as though they were." Romans 4:17

Calling those things they are not as though they were is not as easy as it sounds. Especially when your child, your very heart and soul is fighting for her life. It's hard to look past the worldly reality when it's staring you right in the face. I had to look past what this physical eye would see. I had to mentally and spiritually step out of this world and view things from God's perspective. During our hardest moments, I would hold on to a mental image of Serenity years older. I would see her running and playing, like a normal child. I would envision her as a young adult, so very full of life. I held on to these images until they were eternally branded on the walls of my heart. I not only asked God to give me this vision, but I EXPECTED Him to. I was determined not to settle for anything less, for God's Word had promised me nothing less. I didn't care how He would bring it about, I just knew that He would. I knew that He would give me my healthy normal little girl. Every time the doctors would bring in their razor sharp facts, I would mentally return to the image of that grown healthy young lady. Now, I am not a strong person. I, alone am a very timid and weak individual. However, during my weakest moments, God gave me a supernatural strength. He gave me the muscle I needed to hold on. I held on to those images. I held on to God's promises. As hard as it was, I held on and NEVER let go. I sometimes still see her that way! Do you know how I spend my days? I spend them chasing Reni from one mess to another. As quick as she dumps one thing, she shreds, or flushes, or spills, or breaks, something else. Tommy is constantly having to tak apart both of our toilets. Recently, He found a toothbrush in one and a potato, yes I said a potato, in the other. She is so full of energy, so full of life, so full of mischief. I have to collapse in my chair a few times a day just from sheer exhaustion. It's hard for the human mind to comprehend the ability to go from one extreme to another. God on the other hand, always saw her the way she is now. He knew the ill side of her, but He didn't see her that way. He saw her through the blood of Jesus, perfect in every way. He gave me the strength to see her the way He did. Now, here we are on the complete opposite side of the spectrum. I have witnessed a creative miracle first hand, and every moment of every day, I am still in complete amazement by the Healing power of our Lord and Savior. I am so thankful for all of my blessings, the simple and the complex. We serve such an awesome God! He loves and cares for all of us equally. Always remember that He is no respector of persons.

"Then Peter opened his mouth and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respector of persons:" Acts 10:34

What He has done for us, He has already done for you. Envision those biblical promises! Envision them until they are branded within your heart. Then hold on, hold on and NEVER let go! God is always Faithful!

0 comments: