Monday, January 26, 2009

God's Purpose: "You will bring me Glory!"

So often we all wonder, "Does my life have a purpose? Am I really important?" I know that each and every person has asked themselves these questions. We all want a purpose in life! We all want to feel like our lives have meaning, a reason to be. I can assure you that no matter who you are, what you have done, where you came from, God has called you for THIS time.
"Listen to me, all of you in far-off lands! The Lord called me before my birth; from within the womb He called me by name. He said to me, You are my servant, Israel, and YOU WILL BRING ME GLORY." Isaiah 49:1,3
The Word of God says that He called you by name before you were ever born. How awesome is that when you think about it? He created you for a certain task, a certain destiny. He has given you everything that you will ever need to accomplish your purpose in life.
"For You created my innermost being; You knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Psalm 139:13-14
You were knit together! Think about that for a moment! Have you ever watched someone knit a sweater? It takes much time, thought and patience. Your innermost being is the very person you are. Whether you are; quiet, loud, outgoing, or shy, every strength, weakness, or quirk, He has carefully placed each personality trait, every heart felt desire. God knew exactly what you needed to fullfil your designed purpose. Before you were ever even conceived, God called you by name and said, "You are my servant, You will bring me Glory." Although some of us choose not to answer, we all have been called by God. (Matt.22:14) We all have a purpose to which will ultimately bring Glory to the name of our Heavenly Father. Our steps have already been laid out before us. When we choose to walk within the path of God's perfect will and plan, we also fullfill our purpose. Our purpose is bringing Glory to the Father through the guidance of the Holy Spirit. We all must strive to become what God has created us to be. None have acheived their full purpose until the moment that God calls them home. It is a daily struggle and we must all press toward the goal.
"I have not reached perfection! But I keep working toward the day when I will finally be all that Christ Jesus saved me for and wants me to be. No, Dear Friends, I am still not all I should be. But I am focusing all my energies on this ONE thing; Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead. I strain to reach the end of the race and receive the prize of the High Calling of God in Christ Jesus."Phillippians 3:12-14
With every fiber of my being, I want to become the very image of what God has created me to be! When I reach the end of my race I want to receive that ultimate prize of,
"Well Done my Good and Faithful servant."

0 comments: